Skip to content
- 1967, a group of concerned citizens in “Huntington Farms” neighborhood recognized a growing need for youth services
- 1970 census showed 20% of the youth in that area were not completing high school.
- As a result of the alarming statistics HFA (Huntington Farms Association) was formed later that year.
No Space Available
- Programming was originally offered at the Meade Road Gospel Mission Community House & Olivet Lutheran Church.
- Through generous donations they were able to relocate to our current location on Marshall Rd.
- City of Sylvania leased the property to HFA for $1 per year
- The original building was erected in 1974 on Marshall Rd.
- Huntington Farms (1967-1980)
- Huntington Community Center (1980-2003
- Sylvania Area Family Services (2003-Present)
- “To create the highest quality of life for Sylvania area residents by utilizing public and private resources for their benefit” (1980s-2003)
- “Empowering all Sylvania residents to build upon their strengths in order to achieve a better quality of life” (2008)