Volunteer with Sylvania Area Family Services!
Sylvania Area Family Services (SAFS) offers programs and services to families and children in the greater Sylvania area. SAFS relies heavily on our volunteer base, it is a HUGE part of our mission to help strengthen Sylvania one family at a time!! Scouts, students, groups, individuals 13+ are all welcome to volunteer at our facility. Volunteer hours are during SAFS business hours, Monday-Thursday 9:00 am-5:00 pm and Friday 9:00 am-4:00 pm. Limited weekend volunteer opportunities for special events. Please follow our Facebook page for weekend volunteer opportunities.
Volunteers are needed for...
Harvest Food Pantry
- Food Distribution (Thursday)
- Food Pantry (stocking, labeling, sorting, cleaning)
- Senior Commodity Distribution (1st Monday each month)
- Stamp out Hunger Postal Food Drive (2nd Saturday in May)
Holiday Basket Assistance
- Registration intake volunteers
- Back 2 School supply giveaway
- Sylvania Uncorked Chocolate and Wine
Volunteers are needed to...
- Solicit auction item donations
- Set-up and tear down
- Summer Camp
Volunteers needed are...
- Camp counselors 16yrs +
- Guest Speakers
- Must have BCI/FBI background check
Large Group ideas
- Hold a non-perishable food or personal care product donation drive at your school or organization to benefit the SAFS choice food pantry.
- Collect pocket change during a semester with donation jars and specify the money to go toward a SAFS project.