Volunteer with SAFS!
Sylvania Area Family Services (SAFS) offers programs and services to families and children in the greater Sylvania area. SAFS relies heavy on our volunteer base, it is a HUGE part of our mission to help strengthen Sylvania one family at a time!! Scouts, students, groups, individuals 13+ are all welcome to volunteer at our facility. Volunteer hours are during SAFS business hours, Monday -Thursday 9:00 am-5:00 pm and Friday 9:00 am-4:00 pm. Limited weekend volunteer opportunities for special events. Please follow our Facebook page for weekend volunteer opportunities.
Here are some ideas on how you can volunteer:
Harvest Food Pantry:
· Food Distribution (Thursday)
· Food Pantry (stocking, labeling, sorting, cleaning)
· Senior Commodity Distribution (1st Monday each month)
· Stamp out Hunger Postal Food Drive (2nd Saturday in May)
Holiday Basket Assistance:
· Registration intake volunteers
· Back 2 School supply giveaway
· Sylvania Uncorked Chocolate and Wine
•Solicit auction item donations
•Set-up and tear down
Summer Camp must have BCI/FBI background check
· Camp counselors 16yrs +
· Guest Speakers
Large Group ideas:
- Hold a non-perishable food or personal care product donation drive at your school or organization to benefit the SAFS choice food pantry.
- Collect pocket change during a semester with donation jars and specify the money to go toward a SAFS project.
For volunteer opportunities, email email@example.com or call 419-882-8415